line pressure of TF 727 trans

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
dutchjeepdriver

line pressure of TF 727 trans

Post by dutchjeepdriver »

Gents, greetings from the netherlands

I started working on the truck about 2 years ago. I made a stupid mistake to try to ride the truck off the bridge, but forgot to swing the arms of the 2 kolumn lift off-side. I tried with quite some force to drive it off. Then there was suddenly no traction at all. I think this was the last bit it needed to get the tranny shot. So I had to make my first rebuild of the TF727. (Saw Youtube movies from Chrysler)
After rebuilding it shifted great in reverse and the 3 gears, except for very late shifting, at high RPMS. Throttle rod was fine but I measured line pressure at Idle which was about 5 Bars. (72 PSI) It should be between 54 and 60 PSI according to the transmission Handbook (Munroe) I calculated that I had to make 9 turns clockwise to get the line pressure down. Now it comes: The adjusting screw is just to short to make 9 turns, so I did only 5. Currently I have to assemble the whole stuff and then to see what the line pressure does. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?
Thanks for any input on this, Marc