1979 Widetrack Cherokee Model 17 Project Near Detroit

Place to buy and sell full or partial FSJs
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
threepiece

1979 Widetrack Cherokee Model 17 Project Near Detroit

Post by threepiece »

I began restoring this Widetrack Cherokee nearly 25 years ago but never finished. Most of the body and paint work is complete. Much of the chassis is also complete. (For reference, I have had hands-on involvement in auto restoration, collision repair and development for 40 years)

Basically what is missing is the interior. Seats, headliner, floor covering, inside trim panels are not included. Front fenders are also in question, I have to look at my stock before I include these. I have engines and transmissions available for anyone who wants to keep AMC power.

The chassis is set up for an I6 engine but I can include V8 engine brackets for anyone wanting to use V8 power. The axles are completely rebuilt with ARB air lockers and I believe 3.5 gears.

There are many nice parts here including original stainless gutter trim, manual rear window assembly and a set of five 33x10.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires to name a few.

This is a great project for the right person. Enormous potential for a very nice Cherokee here. $5,500
Pictures are available with your email address.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.