Where is door/light chime module?

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
Theodore

Where is door/light chime module?

Post by Theodore »

Wondering where the door chime module installs?

Mine doesn’t work (never looked into it) & not sure one is installed; found that I have one in the parts stash when organizing over the weekend.

Have searched quite a bit this evening & not seen a pic that shows it.
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread

letank

Re: Where is door/light chime module?

Post by letank »

I was not too sure but it seems to be the blue box/relay on the fuse box.

Old post but a good start:

https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-kic ... hts-are-on

i believe it is a relay box on your fuse block,at the bottom mine is blue. just unplug it.or try to jiggle the ignition switch,not sure where the trigger is but its where i would start.good luck
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Theodore

Re: Where is door/light chime module?

Post by Theodore »

letank wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:50 am I was not too sure but it seems to be the blue box/relay on the fuse box.

Old post but a good start:

https://forums.ifsja.org/forum/tire-kic ... hts-are-on

i believe it is a relay box on your fuse block,at the bottom mine is blue. just unplug it.or try to jiggle the ignition switch,not sure where the trigger is but its where i would start.good luck
Hey, letank - saw that post; prob should specified addl details about what I have; can say, I have no chime alert when I leave keys in car & open door, or leave the headlights on. The module I have is yellow; part# 56006152; yellow.

I hadn’t had a chance to dive under the dash lately, but I don’t remember seeing a disconnected wire, or a terminal block with nothing in it, in all the other times I’ve been under the dash.

1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread