underhood fire suppression

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Srdayflyer

underhood fire suppression

Post by Srdayflyer »

atten: all
i know a few of us have had the unfortunate and terrible underhood fire i ran across this on Amazon thought to pass it on
https://www.amazon.com/Jogoswall-Automa ... B095S3L4GT

Mopar_guy

Re: underhood fire suppression

Post by Mopar_guy »

I sure as heck wouldn't trust that do put any kind of fire out. It's to small to do much of anything.
83 Cherokee Laredo

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

On Amazon, the one review where there was a fire it failed. Plenty of glowing reviews pointing out the adhesive strength, small size, ease of installation. I always read the negative reviews on Amazon first.

Note that under-hood fire prevention exists for race cars and such.

JMO looking for potential causes of fire will likely provide more increased safety per effort spent than this gadget. Maybe not. It's too expensive for testing by customers (maybe suggest to Project Farm or?) and affordable enough to appeal to a lot of fire-wary customers.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

will e

Post by will e »

"When is on fire or the engine compartment temp is higher than 170 degrees"
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge