Hello new, goodbye old...

Show off your FSJ photos and videos!

Topic author
Jagged

Re: Hello new, goodbye old...

Post by Jagged »

Thanks for the pep talk, Redone! Yeah, I really did have no time for it. I just kick myself as I wanted one for so long, finally got one, and then let it go. ;)

But you're right, it was way more than I could chew...

For instance, my projects right now include:

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ a failed radiator that sent coolant into the transmission lines, thus contaminating the 5-45RFE. Worse case scenario, a complete rebuild or replacement tranny; best case, I get away with replacing the rad, flush the coolant system, install the aftermarket tranny cooler, and see if I can't get all the strawberry milk out of the transmission and give it a go. My hope is the contaminated tranny lines didn't also contaminate the water passageways in the engine, which is the 5.7L, so it's not a cheap one to replace. Hopefully the flush will be enough.

1990 YJ sitting in the garage with a 4.0L out of an XJ just waiting for me to do SOMETHING with it. I keep talking about a stroker, then I wonder if I should just put it together and run it as is (with a bit of servicing, of course.)

The new 1978 J10, which is really going to need some rust repair of the cab, or a new cab, haven't figured out which. But definitely needs a new driver side door, new bed, and some definite tune up and maintenance to get her back to shape.

The 1975 J20 which I am still not completely set on WHAT its final call is. I know I can't leave it sitting there in the yard for too long or my wife will start dropping hints about selling it. It will at least have to wait until the WK gets fixed.

And then the CJ-7, which I am going to leave alone for now if I can. :)

So yeah, I had way more than I could chew. Probably STILL do. :-bd
1982 Jeep CJ-7, 4" lift, 35"s, Rust, AMC 401, T-18, D300 Twin-stick
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 6" Lift, 33"s, 4.0 I6, AW4, NP231
1979 Jeep Cherokee, 4-speed, 360