'Meredith' 1972 Wagoneer

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
Renodemona

Re: 'Meredith' 1972 Wagoneer

Post by Renodemona »

Hello! Sorry I don't forum much anymore.
I do believe it was in California at some point as the old guy who's property was on was originally from the Sacramento area. It also had some paperwork of repairs done with some stamp from the California SMOG people. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I sold Meredith in 2021 and I never got around to trying to find some more history. It was just too much of a project, especially considering it was going to be a kids car. I picked up a 1991 Bronco which has been great!
Reno is or was a great place for FSJs....huge numbers (relatively) sold over a long time and the mostly dry climate and lack of road salt kept many from rusting out. Prices are out of control now, but that's typical for any old vehicles.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

deckside

Post by deckside »

Renodemona wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:20 pm Hello! Sorry I don't forum much anymore.
I do believe it was in California at some point as the old guy who's property was on was originally from the Sacramento area. It also had some paperwork of repairs done with some stamp from the California SMOG people. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I sold Meredith in 2021 and I never got around to trying to find some more history. It was just too much of a project, especially considering it was going to be a kids car. I picked up a 1991 Bronco which has been great!
Reno is or was a great place for FSJs....huge numbers (relatively) sold over a long time and the mostly dry climate and lack of road salt kept many from rusting out. Prices are out of control now, but that's typical for any old vehicles.
Thanks for checkin in and the update.

deckside

Post by deckside »

Mystery solved....they did have wood grain vinyl, must have been scrappy though because I always see them washed out to white