TITD countdown and Sign up thread! (2018)

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Topic author
will e

Re: TITD countdown and Sign up thread! (2018)

Post by will e »

Curly wrote:Any hams? I'll be monitoring 146.460 simplex Friday afternoon starting around 1 pm.
Gumby usually brings the hams. Warms them by the fire. Always yummy! (KI7jpl)
Last edited by will e on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

rstep wrote:Heard from Jamie he is a maybe, he will let me know Tomorrow. The J10 gas tank started leaking this week so it's a rush to get time to fix it so I can bring it.
Chip 25 lbs turkey sounds great.
I hope Jamie can make it again. It's always great to see him.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Curly

Post by Curly »

will e wrote:
Curly wrote:Any hams? I'll be monitoring 146.460 simplex Friday afternoon starting around 1 pm.
Gumby usually brings the hams. Warms them by the fire. Always yummy! (KI7jpl)
I forgot to include my Call sign KF7INL
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

81kanada

Post by 81kanada »

We will bring green bean casserole, salad makings w/dressing (Ranch). Also eggs for Sunday morning, fresh eggs from our chickens. Is that ch21 on the CB?

SidSincere

Post by SidSincere »

SidSincere (2) Mid-Saturday arrival, Robin is baking a B-day cake with 108 candles (Tom is 59, so there are 49 for someone else).

Well actually She is bringing a cake mix, a pan and 108 candles... She'll light the candles and we'll all watch it cook.

Curly

Post by Curly »

SidSincere wrote:SidSincere (2) Mid-Saturday arrival, Robin is baking a B-day cake with 108 candles (Tom is 59, so there are 49 for someone else).

Well actually She is bringing a cake mix, a pan and 108 candles... She'll light the candles and we'll all watch it cook.
Bring 12 more candles and we will celebrate my 61st Bday on Saturday. :D
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

SidSincere

Post by SidSincere »

Probably will need 61 more... I think Krista might need 40-something. That totals 169 candles... This cake will cook in seconds!

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Tom! It will be great to see you guys!

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

My buddy Chris is going to cook a turkey or two so we've got that covered.

Bob, no need to bring the turkey cooking equipment!

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

will e wrote:My buddy Chris is going to cook a turkey or two so we've got that covered.

Not for me, the only thing I am allergic to is Baby Jeep XJ's.
But please no peanuts oil for cooking turkeys.
There is one of us turkeys that has gotten a peanut oil alergey. :geek:

Plus side, I did a shake down trip to Burbank, CA today to get my roof rack and Scarlett the Pig did pretty good.
So Zonnie Land here we come.
If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats!

az chip

Post by az chip »

will e wrote:My buddy Chris is going to cook a turkey or two so we've got that covered.

Do I need to cancel the one I planned on bringing?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

rstep

Post by rstep »

Jamie is a go. Flint and Krista won't be making it down. Mikey what's the count up to? Should be a good turn out.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

rstep wrote:Jamie is a go. Flint and Krista won't be making it down. Mikey what's the count up to? Should be a good turn out.
Looks like 38 confirmed. Fxtechphx and gumby might be adding 8 more to the total.

Looking at the 2017 list I guess we had about 35 to 38 folks last year.

az chip wrote: Do I need to cancel the one I planned on bringing?
I don't know! We have a lot of people. This will be the first time my buddy is using an infrared oven to cook the turkey. A fully cooked one ready to go might not be a bad idea. :-bd

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

My friend is coming from the other side of town, he probably won't get to my house until 11am on Friday. (He said 10am but he has a family to organize). We are going to collect Derek on the way out. So earliest to Florence for us will probably be Noon. A stop for gas and then it's another 45 minutes or so to the camp site.

I don't know if some of you Friday arrivals want to get out to the camp spot a bit earlier.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Krista and I had to make a tough call and will not be coming down this week. No cornbread from Flint. We will miss y'all. Eat well and have a great campfire!
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

fxtechphx wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:
fxtechphx wrote:I am working Thursday night but want to head down Friday morning. Anybody have the camp site location so I can find it?
Hi - Are you still on for the brush guard?
Yes
Sorry about this but we are out for this trip. I can bring it down on a future trip and will let you know when there are plans.
Flint Boardman

fxtechphx

Post by fxtechphx »

fulsizjeep wrote:
fxtechphx wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:Hi - Are you still on for the brush guard?
Yes
Sorry about this but we are out for this trip. I can bring it down on a future trip and will let you know when there are plans.
What part of the state do you live in? I travel a lot for work, maybe I can pick it up some other way
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

fxtechphx wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:
fxtechphx wrote: Yes
What part of the state do you live in? I travel a lot for work, maybe I can pick it up some other way
Slightly beyond the northern border in Mancos, CO.
Flint Boardman

motcat

Post by motcat »

I don't know if some of you Friday arrivals want to get out to the camp spot a bit earlier.
Mike - I don't know if I can get to Florence any earlier than noon. I can meet up at the campsite. Are you choosing the old camp site or the new one from last year? Can you hang something on a bush where to turn in if you choose the new site, not sure I can remember the turn?

:Thanks
John
- John (aka JR)
78 Chief Dad bought new in Kenosha WI, 401, RV cam, Part time kit, Edelbrock+Holly 600, DUI, 3" Rancho, Skyjackers, Crossflow rad, Rust, rust, rust
78 J10 Bob's (Becca's) old J-Truck, Tired 360, Tired TH400, Tired QT, Just really tired, but keeps on runnin

fxtechphx

Post by fxtechphx »

fulsizjeep wrote:
fxtechphx wrote:
fulsizjeep wrote:Sorry about this but we are out for this trip. I can bring it down on a future trip and will let you know when there are plans.
Slightly beyond the northern border in Mancos, CO.
Ouch not an area I go to
Tomorrow we may face destiny, we may fight and die and fall to the fires of perdition, but tonight is ours, and we drink and make merry.