CJ7 Roll Bar Kit

Area for post regarding Jeeps other than an FSJ. This area may contain technical post regarding those vehicles as well.

Topic author
threepiece

CJ7 Roll Bar Kit

Post by threepiece »

I bought a front bar kit made by Kentrol for a CJ7 some 20 years ago. This passes around the windshield and ties into the frame with weld on brackets. I noticed they no longer make this kit. I also could not find another kit like this from any manufacturer. Does anyone know of a kit that is still available or why they are no longer available?
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: CJ7 Roll Bar Kit

Post by Stuka »

When you say around the windshield, so you mean form fitting along the inside so a top can still be installed? It looks like Kentrol doesn't make anything big for CJ's anymore. I don't see bumpers or body armor related products. I know they used to make them. My guess is the market has just shrank way down.

There are lots of front bar add-on kits out there that work with the factory hoop. Though a lot of them are made in china and should probably not be trusted in a rollover. Rock hard has a good quality kit, but its a-pillar mounted, and doesn't run into the frame.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

What part of the country? Usually there are individuals and shops that will bend and install whatever you want along these lines. Maybe check with your local 4x4 or sports car clubs.

Also, isn't the CJ-7 tub the same as the YJ Wrangler? And maybe the TJ too. Not my forte, but I recall something like that.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

This kit includes a bar that follows around the windshield frame and pieces to connect it to the existing factory bar. It also includes pieces that tie the said structure to the frame at six points. 19 pieces in all. I could not find any other kit like it to compare the price. I bought this kit more than 20 years ago, I have forgotten what I paid for it. I now want to sell it at a reasonable price.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

legionville1792

Post by legionville1792 »

Hello. Saw your post. I did the same thing and found my frame was bad. Trying to to sell. Did you have any luck? I have no idea what worth.
6 point.jpg
IMG_0157.jpg
THANKS!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.