The '71 Wagoneer

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
sierrablue

The '71 Wagoneer

Post by sierrablue »

I'm here now too, coming from IFSJA.

Here's my build thread over there:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=190664

May be posting some pics and such soon.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Topic author
sierrablue

Re: The '71 Wagoneer

Post by sierrablue »

Just tried--pics are too big, will be working on this.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

kjandb

Post by kjandb »

sierrablue wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:34 am Just tried--pics are too big, will be working on this.
You might try using the Tapatalk app for pics, it's much easier. I have a '71 as well so I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. Welcome to the forum!
'71 Wagoneer - 4" BJ's Leaf Lift - early 360 - Avocado Mist ???
S Idaho

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

If using a phone often it is easier to just take a screen shot of the pick and post that, the other option I use is to email them to myself and send smaller files.

Looking forward to what you do!
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

9C247E72-CF85-49DC-A36D-BE38878DFA33.jpeg
Alright, here are a couple of pics to get things started here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Engine swap last November/December
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

(ran a Qjet for awhile; back to the 1406 but now I have an adapter that's not wide open now)
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Mileage rolling over last year, and LEDs for the gauge cluster.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

New shoulder belts; labeled as YJ/TJ, from Quadratech.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

So here's my steering box bracket--I did have to modify it a little before I installed it, but as you can see the other one wasn't any good. I would've just fixed it, but when I went to take it off, it was WELDED TO THE FRAME, not just bolted. :shock:

Also when I was working on it, I got tired of grinding and decided to take off the steering stabilizer (dented). I went to move it and it refused to move--but at least it sprayed fluid everywhere :mrgreen:
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Sorry, lots of new posts here, just trying to get up to speed with the pics.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Last December--I'm not a fan of the new Wagoneers but it was still pretty cool to see the two Wagoneers, 50 years apart.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Yeller

Post by Yeller »

Nice looking wagon!

I get the wagoner photo, I have one of my Glad parked next to a new one for the same reason lol
The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.

1970 J2500 Resto Mod
https://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewt ... 12&t=21395

1974 Bronco “Broncno”
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threa ... st-3411909

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Here's the Retrosound radio/extra gauges. The Retrosound sounds really good--I have it hooked to 4 4-way Pioneer 6x9s, and it's clean. The blue cord is my aux cord for the radio.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Factory Jeep locking hubs :D

Man the white walls are dirty in those pics...
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

...and a shot with the bike on the back.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Yeller wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:37 pm Nice looking wagon!

I get the wagoner photo, I have one of my Glad parked next to a new one for the same reason lol
Thank you! PO did the body work, but as body work goes on these, it was pretty minor. Sanded down, patched the one rust spot (minor spot in the quarter)(I mean, not a shocker; it's a Wagoneer and that's where they rust), and painted. I just made it run and drive well ;)
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

So here's a story. Last year on the way to school one day (btw I'm 17), I was hearing this awful grinding noise as I accelerated. I made it like four miles, gently, hoping it would go away, but it never did. Finally I pulled off, and as I slowed down, there was this bad clunk, followed by a dragging sound. I was racking my mind trying to figure out what it was, preparing to turn around and take something else. I got out and looked, and there was this cone--not a small cone, a 36" tall cone--wedged between the rear axle and the ground. I yanked it out and threw it in the back--no more weird noises. I have no idea where the cone came from--best I can figure is that the snowplow caught it, and it got covered in snow at the end of my road or something.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

You have an amazing Jeep. Love the color!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Thank you!

Today went to get some shots to recreate a Jeep ad...also snagged a few others ;)

Note: In the shot of the side of the Jeep with the sun behind it, I would've backed up to get the whole thing, but I was standing on the VERY edge of about a 10' drop into a frozen creek...I physically COULDN'T back up.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-custom headliner

viewtopic.php?t=23070