Clearing Out the FSJ Yard

Place to buy and sell FSJ parts.
Forum rules
Please read the sales area rules before posting here. Thanks!

Topic author
threepiece

Re: Clearing Out the FSJ Yard

Post by threepiece »

threepiece wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:39 am
b00sted wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:57 pm Looking for a set of round headlight buckets with trim rings
I just went through my headlights. I need to keep a few sets for myself. I will see if I have any extras as these are often rusty.
I can only find about two sets of these round ones. I may have more in another building but I don’t intend to get there soon, perhaps later this year. Stay tuned.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Stick

Post by Stick »

I just don't know what I would do with J-20 Axles. I have a J-10 with good Dana 44s front and back, good brakes, tires, and wheels with hub caps. I would have to replace all that to use the J-20 axles. I'm only trying to preserve, conserve, and restore my truck...I can tell by the holes in the bed rails and floor that it originally had a roll bar. A previous owner removed the roll bar to install a shell before I bought the truck 30 years ago.

I will be happy to do the heavy lifting to extract the roll bar.

What condition is the roll bar?

What is the price?

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Stick wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:57 pm I just don't know what I would do with J-20 Axles. I have a J-10 with good Dana 44s front and back, good brakes, tires, and wheels with hub caps. I would have to replace all that to use the J-20 axles. I'm only trying to preserve, conserve, and restore my truck...I can tell by the holes in the bed rails and floor that it originally had a roll bar. A previous owner removed the roll bar to install a shell before I bought the truck 30 years ago.

I will be happy to do the heavy lifting to extract the roll bar.

What condition is the roll bar?

What is the price?
I have not had a look at it in the last two decades. If is in reasonably good shape I will want at least $300.

Feel free to remind me to investigate if I don’t get back after this weekend, I’m not irritable.
I used to name my FSJ’s after their previous owners, I realized I had too many with five named Rick.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Stick

Post by Stick »

OK. Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it has aged well.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Stick wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:13 am OK. Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it has aged well.
It should have, it hasn’t been wet the entire time I have owned it.

I took a,look yesterday. There are some empty tool boxes and a few other things that need to move. It is in position on a truck bed but not fastened. I think with everything cleared we can slide it rearward out the door.

I will not prepare the sight forehand. I expect you to help move everything out and in afterwards. I expect the whole processes can be done in 1/2 hour.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

deckside

Post by deckside »

Really thankful for that roof rack Threepiece.
Shot in the dark but Im looking for an early 70's rubber full cargo area rubber mat in the tan color/"981325 RawHide"

Stick

Post by Stick »

I took a,look yesterday. There are some empty tool boxes and a few other things that need to move. It is in position on a truck bed but not fastened. I think with everything cleared we can slide it rearward out the door.

I will not prepare the sight forehand. I expect you to help move everything out and in afterwards. I expect the whole processes can be done in 1/2 hour.
Great news! I thought of some other parts I need. Do you have: (1) a front drive shaft for QT / TH400 / Dana 44 drivetrain in the 78 J-10, (2) a set of AC hoses in any condition, and (3) AC condensor

This site won't let me PM I'll be driving to Delta OH for work starting Monday, 17 July. I can come to your place Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday after work finishes at 4:00 PM.

Stick

Post by Stick »

Just to be sure...does the roll bar look like this one?

Thanks for your patience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Stick wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:19 am

Great news! I thought of some other parts I need. Do you have: (1) a front drive shaft for QT / TH400 / Dana 44 drivetrain in the 78 J-10, (2) a set of AC hoses in any condition, and (3) AC condensor

This site won't let me PM I'll be driving to Delta OH for work starting Monday, 17 July. I can come to your place Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday after work finishes at 4:00 PM.
Gosh I took a closer look at the roll. It is a bigger job to extract than I first thought. There are several axles that need to be moved so the bar can be slid rearward. There is no headroom to lift the bar up and out. Before the axles can be moved two Jeeps must be moved first.

I simply don’t have time to deal with this at this time. I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. I have the driveshaft and possibly the AC parts you are looking for. If you care to make the trip to my place you can have these parts for free as consolation.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Stick

Post by Stick »

How about if I take the bar out in two pieces.. The Upper part would slide over the axles and the lower part could tip over and be taken out sideways?

if it's about price, I was planning to pay $500-600 for a bar in good condition.

Stick

Post by Stick »

Please don't be offended, but If you have a better offer for the roll bar, I will probably match it.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Stick wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:15 pm Please don't be offended, but If you have a better offer for the roll bar, I will probably match it.
Not at all, sometimes one has to assert to get what they want. I wish I would have learned this at a younger age.

While I have been truthful, I have not explained completely.

There is another fellow interested in the roll bar however he also wants several more parts including an engine. This is very appealing to me. He is also happy to assist extracting the roll bar, a process that may take two hours.

None of this matters at this time however. I simply don’t have time for this project. If the axles come out there will be other parts I will want to remove and rearranging done, no time for that now, perhaps in two or three months.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

deckside

Post by deckside »

Hi Threepiece, any chance you have an early 70's rubber full cargo area rubber mat in the tan color/"981325 RawHide"
Similar to photo but tan
.Image

Waggy82

Post by Waggy82 »

Where about the metro Detroit area? I am looking for a frame for a 82.
82 Wagoneer Limited Straight 6

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

deckside wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:28 am Hi Threepiece, any chance you have an early 70's rubber full cargo area rubber mat in the tan color/"981325 RawHide"
Similar to photo but tan
.Image
No chance of this.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Topic author
threepiece

Post by threepiece »

Waggy82 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:14 am Where about the metro Detroit area? I am looking for a frame for a 82.
I do have what I believe is a 1982 Wagoneer that I may be parting out. It is from Montana, I expect the frame is in good to very good condition. It has I6 engine brackets too. I also have a reasonably nice frame from a 1979. This is somewhat different but could be made to work with a bit of effort. All this in Farmington Hills.

Dang raccoons again!

Rust is a color too.

Stick

Post by Stick »

Not at all, sometimes one has to assert to get what they want. I wish I would have learned this at a younger age.

There is another fellow interested in the roll bar however he also wants several more parts including an engine. This is very appealing to me. He is also happy to assist extracting the roll bar, a process that may take two hours.

None of this matters at this time however. I simply don’t have time for this project. If the axles come out there will be other parts I will want to remove and rearranging done, no time for that now, perhaps in two or three months.
Thank you for the update. I hope you decide to sell me the roll bar when it becomes accessible.

Last weekend I changed my travel plans from Atlanta to Detroit. Now I will be flying into / out of Detroit instead of driving.

That said I would like to buy the drive shaft and AC hoses. I also thought of 1 other part I have not been able to find that you may have...the small "C" shaped bracket behind a 3-piece bumper. I could come to Farmington Hills Monday Tuesday or Wednesday after work.

Please let me know if that is OK.

Stick

Post by Stick »

Thank you for the update. I hope you decide to sell me the roll bar when it becomes accessible.

Last weekend I changed my travel plans from Atlanta to Detroit. Now I will be flying into / out of Detroit instead of driving.

That said I would like to buy the drive shaft and AC hoses. I also thought of 1 other part I have not been able to find that you may have...the small "C" shaped bracket behind a 3-piece bumper. I could come to Farmington Hills Monday Tuesday or Wednesday after work.

Please let me know if that is OK.

Mopar_guy

Post by Mopar_guy »

Would you have a dash pad for a 83 Grand Waggy? Color is not important as I'm doing a custom color. I can pick it up as well.
83 Cherokee Laredo

Waggy82

Post by Waggy82 »

threepiece wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:13 pm
Waggy82 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:14 am Where about the metro Detroit area? I am looking for a frame for a 82.
I do have what I believe is a 1982 Wagoneer that I may be parting out. It is from Montana, I expect the frame is in good to very good condition. It has I6 engine brackets too. I also have a reasonably nice frame from a 1979. This is somewhat different but could be made to work with a bit of effort. All this in Farmington Hills.
Wow that is cool that you are this close. I can be in Farmington Hills in a hour or so. I am working on a list of parts I need. If you decide to part our please let me know as I would be interested in swinging in to take a look. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff for these things. :D
82 Wagoneer Limited Straight 6