Underbody Finish Suggestions

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
millerguy76

Underbody Finish Suggestions

Post by millerguy76 »

I'm looking for some ideas on how to finish the undercarriage/underbody of my J10. I'm talking about the bottom side of the floorpan. This doesn't include the frame. That is powder coated and removed from the truck right now.
So I'm laying on my back and starting to remove the rubber coating that was applied by the factory. I'm doing my best but don't think I'll be able to remove every bit of it. There are too many nooks and crannies that I can't get into.

So getting to my question, Any ideas how to refinish the underside of my cab + truck bed + fender wells??? I do not want to use a rubberized coating. Whatever I lay down, direct to the surface has to be able to adhere to bare metal, painted metal and in some spots, the residual OE coating. It also has to be paintable as I'd like to lay a smooth satin black over it.

Thanks
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360

akguy09

Re: Underbody Finish Suggestions

Post by akguy09 »

I painted my inner fender wells with the same paint that that I painted the truck with
1979 Jeep J-10 304/T-18
2017 Jeep JK 2DR
2021 PowerWagon

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Have you looked at Eastwood? They have various coatings that would suit your needs. Spensive place but would give you ideas.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
millerguy76

Post by millerguy76 »

Eastwood is one of the places I'm looking at. But dang are they expensive
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

True. How about tcpglobal.com? That's where I get paint.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.