Door Mirror Placement

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
millerguy76

Door Mirror Placement

Post by millerguy76 »

Forgive me if this question has been asked previously. I searched the forum and didn't find exactly what i was looking for.

I have removed the tripod mirrors from my J10 doors. I will have the holes welded shut next week. I plan to install the factory remote door mirrors. Yes they are small but they are factory and im all about the factory look.
My question, does anyone know if there is a template or something that can dirct me on placement of the mirrors on the doors? I know i can just eye them up and drill holes, but i want the holes to be as accurate as possible.

Thoughts? Help?
Thanks
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360

sierrablue

Re: Door Mirror Placement

Post by sierrablue »

If you want I can have my dad take measurements when he gets home for where the '89 doors have the factory holes for them. Otherwise I have lots of pictures but that's about it.

It goes right where the wing window hits it when you spin it around and have it pointing in at about a 60° angle if that helps :roll: ;)
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Topic author
millerguy76

Post by millerguy76 »

All of the above. I'll take pics and measurements.
With a process like this, the more info the better. Measure 20 times, drill new holes once :)
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360

sierrablue

Post by sierrablue »

Right--then you don't cut 3 times and STILL have it too short lol.

I'll try and get that for you here in the next couple weeks. Feel free to yell at me if I forget.
'71 Wagoneer (DD)
-B350 (HEI, iron 4-barrel, Edelbrock 1406), TH400, D20
-'74 D44 front (nonpower discs)
-custom headliner
-Front shoulder belts (rears eventually)

viewtopic.php?t=23070

There are 2 major differences between new Wranglers and FSJs. FSJs are meant to be both utilitarian and capable, not just capable. FSJs are also rarely initially recognized as Jeeps by the average American.

Topic author
millerguy76

Post by millerguy76 »

Thank you!
'84 Jeep J10 Laredo, 360