I did sacrilege... and i feel bad.... sorta lol

Area for General FSJ related chat.

Topic author
candymancan

I did sacrilege... and i feel bad.... sorta lol

Post by candymancan »

So today i met up with a guy in northern va wjo sells fsj parts and Jeeps.. i needed a good header/bezel the thing behind the grill as mine is risted out badly by the turn signals.

So i show up when hes selling a J20.. Frame cabin axles.. no bed. The guy said he only wanted the dana 60 and 44 axles.. so he just bougjt the whole thing. He asked if i needed anything on it.

I got that chromed light on the back of the cabin.. and i asked if i could cut the frame as close to the leaf springs as i could to hsve that rear cross member.

Nate the guy who sold it to him ssid i should take the ehole frame.. mine is pitted badly in the foot or so of the rear snd pitted in random spots in the rear. It hasnt affected anything as its still thick even with a micrometer to check.. only some peices are beyond repair like that last 3-4 incjs before the leaf spring mount.. and my entire cross member.. all swiss cheese.

Anyway iwould happily buy the frame from thst guy after he takes the axles off.. but i have no means to take engines transmissions cabins bed off a frame and swap.

Soooo we cut the frame off where i needed it... I mesn this trucks frame was like mint minus surface rust of course... oh i feel so bad i did this... but i needed it. I feel like i have to whip my back 10 times now..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

devildog80

Re: I did sacrilege... and i feel bad.... sorta lol

Post by devildog80 »

Another awesome find, but take the whole thing, as you will figure out the lifting to swap it all around someday :)
'81 CJ5 Base, 258 I6, MC2100, T176 4 spd, 300 TC, D30 Front NT, 3.31, 2-Piece AMC 20 rear NT, 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
'84 Grand Wagoneer, 401 V8 (.030 over), Edelbrock clone 1406, 727 auto, Selec-trac NP229, AMC 20 REAR - D44 FRONT - WT 3.31, 4" high arc spring lift
Rather be driving, than waiting to be modified

seventynine

Post by seventynine »

Don’t feel too bad. I had to junk my ‘79 Wagoneer that had a ton of good parts all over and a rebuilt TH-400 in it a long time ago because I had no place to put it. I’m sure it was crushed years ago.

I know Nate. I sold him a ton of my old FSJ stuff when I had to sell my house. Good guy.
Dean

'79 J10
'77 Cherokee Chief
'79 CJ-7
'79 CJ-5
'46 CJ-2A
'93 ZJ Limted
'79 Cherokee Chief (traded for the J10)
'79 Wagoneer (RIP)
'13 FLSTN Softail Deluxe

Topic author
candymancan

Post by candymancan »

Yyea hes really cool, did lots of trades with him, my fsj final edition grill from my 90 i didnt want and other door panels and stuff, and got parts i needed like my tailgate and other stuff, bought lots of stuff off him too. Seems he sells alot of stuff around va/md. I sell stuff to people too and they all have met Nate hah.

Just feel terrible i cut the rear cross member off a frame that still had factory paint on it partially. But boy i needed this.. The 4 inchs of the frame itself i cut off you see, i needed too because the last 3-4 inchs of mine is paper thin, but after mine is fine. So this is a huge help
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)