Sagging factory bumpers

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
candymancan

Sagging factory bumpers

Post by candymancan »

So i just painted my 50$ factory bumper i got for my J10.

I noticed something identical to my original. Both the same bumpers. My original i was going to (rebuild) as it has extentive rust and its (warped) or sagged downward but i never got around to it.

Then this one poped up on fb marketplace for 50$ which is a great price. They can go for hundreds and are very rare. Only two minor spots were rusted out on the bottom lip. Of which i cut out from my old one.

Anyway. This one too also sags. Both corners. Its made out if steel thicker than 1/8th. But not quite 3/16th it seems. So its interesting to see this on both. So the left and right side of it after the mount points to thr very ends. Has dropped down.

Almost like decades of standing up down on the sides has sagged it. Youd figure the sagging part would be where the ball mount is from pulling heavy trailers. But no.. its the two sides lol.

Has anyway else noticed this ? I dont think there isa way to bend it up as its too thick of steel. But its interesting to see with 2 of these here.

Ill grab a pic of what i mean today if you guys dont get it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)