Windshield Washer gone

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Topic author
Livetoride

Windshield Washer gone

Post by Livetoride »

I just purchased an 82 Wagoneer and noticed that the windshield reservoir, nozzles and everything are gone. It's like they never existed. Are the nozzles normally mounted on the hood? Does anyone know of an aftermarket or universal kit? I have seen the stainless steel reservoirs on Bjs, but that's about it. I'll need to fix this so she can pass safety. Ideas?

ScottsMojo

Re: Windshield Washer gone

Post by ScottsMojo »

Squirters mount to the cowl behind the hood. On my 74 anyway. You can find a reservoir and nozzle assy pretty easily either here (post a want ad) or on the sister board. I would try to find factory parts before trying to put together a generic kit. I might even have a nozzle assy you can have for the shipping.

Topic author
Livetoride

Post by Livetoride »

ScottsMojo wrote:Squirters mount to the cowl behind the hood. On my 74 anyway. You can find a reservoir and nozzle assy pretty easily either here (post a want ad) or on the sister board. I would try to find factory parts before trying to put together a generic kit. I might even have a nozzle assy you can have for the shipping.
If you do that would be great! I want to stay factory,but I need to figure something out ASAP so I can register the jeep.

letank

Post by letank »

To install a real nozzle aka the 74 style you need to drill an appropriate hole under the fresh air vent.... too late for picts. This system is really hard to access... I picked up a nozzle to fit a latter model.... as below... but lost the part.
Your 82 is probably like the 85, the 2 nozzles are basically little metal tubes that are slightly crushed to create a squirt pattern, they find their way between the hood and the "cowl" as time goes by, they may loosen up and mine sprung a hole.... fixed with JB weld.
Some have used a better pattern such as those mounted on newer vehicles, civic, accord have been mentioned, but any newer vehicle has the plastic ones.... and of course a hole need to be punched on the hood.... but I am sure that some creative mind could fit one in/on the grille of the fresh air vent.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)