2" Lift questions

Area for Offroad Modification Tech

Topic author
Renodemona

2" Lift questions

Post by Renodemona »

Hey gang!
Getting further along with Susan and it looks to be getting closer to decision time for springs and lift. I had originally thought 4" lift with 33's but am also considering 2" with 32's for a couple reasons. Hopefully folks with lifting experience can help me out. With the 2" do i still need a drop pitman? Does the normal pitman work well (not just yeah kinda) with it? Are the 2" BJs lift springs much stiffer than stock? 33's vs 32's (other than the obvious size difference) real world will staying with 32s keep me off trails that I could otherwise hit? Thanks for the help!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: 2" Lift questions

Post by Stuka »

No need for a DPA with a 2". There are no 2" DPA's anyway. Just stock and 4".

Since you have a Cherokee, and they typically had stiffer springs than a Waggy, it may be noticeable. But most because your old springs are shot. And new springs, even if stock will be a bit stiffer.

The difference between 32's and 33's is actually quite noticeable if you have them side by side. But with only a 2" lift, you are pretty much limiting yourself to fire roads and such anyway. You are not going to be doing any difficult trails that typically require more lift or rocker protection. So you should be fine with 32's and 2" of lift. The other side of stick with a slightly smaller tire is less need to regear. 33's really require regearing if you have stock 3.54's.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Yes I do have the stock 3.54, my other concern with staying do 32s. I am not planning major offroad stuff, fire roads and logging roads like I said. I think that pretty much sells me on 2". Although I am going to put new shocks on anyway because mine are shot, could I stick with the stock ones? Also, brake line...get extended ones or just relocate the bracket down a little and keep what I have?
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

E_DIGG

Post by E_DIGG »

Sine you are going the 2" route, see this thread: http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 354#p60354
1991 Grand Wagoneer
My 91 Phoenix Build Thread